Comment on page
3D Editor Overview
Overview: 3D Editor is used to label 3D Bounding Boxes, Polygons, Instance & Semantic paint and 3D Lines for Point Cloud.
Primary Toolbar: It is on the left side of the image editor which has Home, Create Tool(C), Select and Move Tool (V), Select and Scale Tool(S), Select and Rotate Tool(R), Orbit Tool(1), Pan Tool(2), Dolly Tool(3) and Create Issue.
- Home Button: Home button is used to navigate to the Homepage.
- Create Tool: The user needs to click on Create Tool to add any new labels. Labels can't be created without selecting this option.
- Select and Move: The user can label frames using this option. The user can’t label if this option is not selected.
- Select and Scale Tool: Selects labels and activates a widget to scale them in 3D space.
- Select and Rotate (R): Selects labels and activates a widget to rotate them in 3D space.
- Orbit Tool(1): Click and drag on it to rotate the view around the lidar.
- Pan Tool(2): Click and drag to pan the lidar up, down, left and right.
- Dolly Tool(3): Click and drag to move the lidar forward and backwards.
- Create issues: Users can create issues at frame or label level by clicking on the Create Issue icon and selecting a label in the editor from the primary toolbar.
Primary Menu bar: It is on the top of the image editor. It consists of Frame, Label, View, LiDAR, and Help.
Frame: Frame has sub-options which are Previous Frame and Next Frame.
Label: Label has options like Unselect, Hide, Lock, Delete, Fit Label to Points, Set box on ground by default, Set box on ground, Enable one click placement, Rotate, Rotate 180 in all frames, Propagate Labels(Only for Single frames) and Attributes.
View: View consists of Show Labels Text, Show Labels Attributes, Show selected Label only, Show Bounding Boxes, Show Polygons, Show Ground Mesh, Uncolor Ground Points, Show Lidar Cube, Show Grid, Enable Secondary Views, Enable Camera Views, Perspective, Orthographic, Light Theme, Dark Theme, and Reset View.
LiDAR: LiDAR consists of Enable Point Intensity, Color By Z, Show Colored Points inside Box, Show Black Points(Only for coloured lidars), Ground, Cloud Radius and Lidar FOV(Horizontal and Vertical).
Secondary Menu bar: It consists of a Label Set, Labelling Pipeline, Label category, point size, Labelling Instructions, Reset View. Additionally, for sequence annotations, we have Fused cloud and Z-threshold along with these.
Panel Content: It is on the right of image editor. The available options in panel content are Info, Labels, Issues and AI Sense. Apart from these we also have Dataset Attributes, Frame Attributes, Label Properties, Label Attributes and Image Enhancement which are used at different levels while labelling.
Info: Info displays the file properties of that particular image. If info is selected the user can view the image name, the path of the image and assignments of the particular frame. User can directly move to Dataset or Workspace Page based on selection. For example, if the user clicks on Dataset the tool navigates the user to the dataset page in the tool.
Buttons in the lower navigation bar and their usage:
- Previous Frame, Play, Next Frame and Frame Numbers. There is a slider to move to the next or previous frames.
- Preload Data: It loads the frames in advance before opening them.
- User can hide the bottom bar using the Hide bottom bar option.
- This is only for sequence datasets.