Data Collection for Vehicle Lidar Targetless Calibration
Data collection for targetless lidar-vehicle calibration:
- 1.Mount lidar on the vehicle.
- 2.Record a scene with 5-50 frames where the vehicle is moving.
- 3.Having good edges (like buildings) in the point clouds will result in better calibration (preferably a recording in the city than from highways).
- 4.Flat ground will help with better calibration for roll, pitch and Z.
- roll, pitch, yaw are in degrees and px, py, pz are in meters.
- roll, pitch, yaw, px, py, pz are the extrinsic parameters downloaded from the calibration tool.
- vehiclePoint3D is the 3d coordinates of a point in the vehicle coordinate system.
- lidarPoint3D is the 3d coordinates of a point in the lidar coordinate system.