Comment on page
Vehicle radar calibration
Overview: Deepen Calibrate is a software tool that makes the critical task of sensor data calibration simple and quick.
- This page allows the users to create, list, launch and delete calibration datasets. Admins can manage user’s access to these datasets on this page.
- Click on ‘New Calibration’ to create a new calibration dataset.
- Upon clicking the ‘New Calibration’ button, the user can make a selection from the different calibrations. Select ‘Vehicle-radar Calibration’ to create a new radar-vehicle calibration dataset
- Upon selecting ‘vehicle-Radar Calibration’, the user is welcomed to the instructions page
- Users need to enter the vehicle details.
Below is the brief explanation for the vehicle configuration.
Users need to select the FOV of the radar. So that the configuration can be entered on those basis. Users need to enter the following vehicle coordinate details for the target for each position.
- Distance from VRP to IRP
- Corner reflector tip height from ground
- Distance from IRP to TRP
Users need to enter the following radar coordinate details for the target for each position.
- X coordinate of the target.
- Y coordinate of the target.
- Z coordinate of the target.
- Users can click on the run calibration button to get the extrinsic parameters.
- Users can click on visualization to check regenerated 3d scenes from the given information.
Users can check the translation error value to verify the calibration results. Apart from visually verifying the results.
Translation Error: It is mean of the euclidean distance of all target points projected from radar space to the vehicle space and the target points configured in vehicle space. The target points are projected from radar space to the vehicle space using the calibrated extrinsic parameters.