9. Click on the run calibration button. This takes all the input configuration and the file data to get the calibrated results.
10. Top right bar shows the extrinsic parameters.
11. Visualize button shows the 3d representation of the car and its wheels. Along with the camera center and its frustum.
12. Export option helps the user to export the calibrated data for the mounted camera with the vehicle.
13. Users can check the error stats and add more images to see the change in error stats.
Reprojection Error: It’s value is the mean delta of the marked wheel point and the reprojection of the calibrated wheel position. It's measured in pixels.
Translation Error: The distance between the means of the 3d projections of the checkerboard in a 3d scene from the left images and right images
Rotation Error: The angle between the planes of the 3d projections in a 3d scene of the checkerboard from the left images and right images
Save calibration dataset:
We have a save option on the top right corner. A user can click on the Save button to save the calibration dataset at any time during the calibration process.
Checkboard Inner Corner Detection:
If the checkerboard corners are not auto-detected. Users can select four boundary points in order (top-left, top-right , bottom-left, bottom-right). And then click on retry corner detection, to get the remaining inner corners of the checkerboard.
Extrinsic Calibration Output:
roll, pitch, yaw are in degrees and px, py, pz are in meters.
roll, pitch, yaw, px, py, pz are the extrinsic parameters downloaded from the calibration tool.
vehiclePoint3D is the 3d coordinates of a point in the vehicle coordinate system.
imagePoint3D is the 3d coordinates of a point in the camera coordinate system.
Camera sensor coordinates:
We currently show three different types of the camera sensor coordinate system. On selecting the camera coordinate system, the extrinsic parameters change accordingly. The export option exports the extrinsic parameters based on the selected camera coordinate system.
Optical coordinate system: Its the default coordinate system which we follow.
ROS REP 103: It is the coordinate system followed by ROS. On changing to this, you can see the change in the visualization and the extrinsic parameters.
NED : This follows the north-east-down coordinate system.