Data Collection for LiDAR-LiDAR Calibration
Our current method for lidar-lidar calibration supports both target and targetless.
To calibrate your LiDAR sensors, capture one frame each from both the LiDAR sensors of the same scene.
Please keep a note of the following while collecting data:
- Each frame captured from the two LiDAR sensors must overlap with each other.
- The overlapping section must contain stationary and distinguishable objects for better performance and results.
Each calibration dataset supports only one pair of LiDAR sensors. To calibrate a new pair of LiDAR sensors, follow the above steps and create a new dataset.
Target based calibration flow:
- Make sure that the target is clearly visible in the LiDAR sensors.
- The target should be rectangular shape having big size (ideally >0.75m for each side).
- The board should be rotated around the normal of the board plane by 20 deg to 70 deg in case of a LiDAR which captures data in horizontal lines. This will help us obtain clear edges of the board.
- The target should be kept at distance of 1m-2m from the LiDAR. If the board is not visible clearly in this range, try to keep the board at a position where it is clearly visible and edges are not noisy.